Thinkcrowdfund.com, in collaboration with the Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas, San Antonio Branch, U.S. Small Business Administration, NextSeed, Lendoor, BCL of Texas, Inc., MassVenture, TruCrowd.com and Comerica Bank, will host its upcoming equity crowdfunding town hall in San Antonio in partnership with microlender, LiftFund. The exciting new town hall was created for Texas business owners interested in selling shares in their businesses to raise capital. Attendees will learn more about Texas' new intrastate equity crowdfunding rules, more about the new JOBS Act Reg A+ regulations recently approved by the SEC, the new equity crowdfunding portals and crowdfunding tips from experts. Register for upcoming event happening May 5, 2015 at 10:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. at Cafe Commerce.
What to Expect:
- The town hall meeting is designed to help Texas residents understand how the rules apply to issuers (Texas-based businesses), equity crowdfunding platforms, and non-accredited investors.
- Attendees will receive materials and tools on how to register with the state, file disclosure forms and tips on complying with state regulations.
- Attendees will learn who is eligible to market securities in the State of Texas, the proper process for launching an equity crowdfunding campaign, which platforms are registered with the state and what investors can do to protect themselves.
- Issuers will receive tips on how to create a transparent and successful crowdfunding campaign.
- Local experts will share how equity crowdfunding may economically impact local businesses and communities.
Moderator and Panelists
- Cynthia Nevels, Founder and Chief Crowdfunding Strategist - ThinkCrowdFund.com
- Patricia Loutherback, Director of Registrations Texas State Securities Board
- Vanessa Reed, South Texas Community Reinvestment Act Manager - Comerica Bank
- Celina Pena, LiftFund
- Amir Mirabi, Vice President of Business Development - MassVenture
- Nathan Roach, CEO - MassVenture
- David B. Schnierle, Senior Vice President - GoldStar Trust and CrowdPay.com
- Youngro Lee, Co-Founder - NextSeed
- Anthony Ruiz, District Director - U. S. Small Business Administration
- Annie Hudspeth, Lender Relations Specialist and Brand Manager - U.S. Small Business Administration
- Vicent Petrescu, CEO - TruCrowd
- Jordana Barton, Vice President Community Relations - Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas, San Antonio Branch
- Viktoria Krane, CEO and Co-Founder - Lendoor.com
- Panel Presentations
- Moderated Questions and Answers
Register early because seats are limited. Sponsored by Comerica Bank, LiftFund, BCL of Texas, NextSeed, TruCrowd, Lendoor, Rollins Development, MassVenture, CrowdPay.com, meap3 and ThinkCrowdFund.com.